The Waco Convention & Visitors Bureau hosts a Tourism Forum each quarter to share information and facilitate increased connections and synergy within the area’s tourism industry. This meeting is open to anyone in McLennan County who is involved with or interested in tourism. Examples of attendees include museum staff, hoteliers, tour operators, non-profit and for-profit attractions, restauranteurs, and so on. If you would like to receive email notifications about these meetings, use the sign-up button near the bottom of this page.
2023 Tourism Forum Schedule
- Thursday, February 9, 2023, 3:00 PM via Zoom. Guest speaker: Scott Caufield, Senior Principal Client Partner at Tripadvisor. Topic: “Reputation Management on Tripadvisor.”
- Scott Caufield is a Senior Principal Client Partner at Tripadvisor, where he helps destinations in a 10-state region gain exposure to the site’s 460 million monthly travelers. In eight years at Tripadvisor, Scott has spoken to thousands of destination and hospitality sector executives across the US to help them navigate the ever-evolving world of travel. Scott is based in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex where he lives with his wife, Laura, and their two children.
- In this session, you’ll learn how to best manage your Tripadvisor listing to make your business more appealing to visitors, how to increase your reviews, and techniques to help improve your review score on Tripadvisor.
- Thursday, May 11, 2023, 3:00 PM (Zoom?)
- Thursday, August 10, 2023, 3:00 PM (Zoom?)
- Thursday, November 9, 2023, 3:00 PM (Zoom?)
Zoom Meeting Participation Etiquette:
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking
- Submit questions for the speaker through chat
- Each entity represented will have the opportunity to give a brief tourism-related update (Raise your hand during the update portion to be called upon)
Tourism Email List
Have a Waco tourism-related business and want to be kept in the loop? Click on the “Sign Up Now” button below.