Balcones Distilling has won yet another award! The distillery picked up 6 awards at the the 2015 Wizards of Whisky held in England. Most notably, “American Craft Distillery of the Year.”
Balcones 2015 Wizards of Whisky medals include:
- Balcones Distilling – American Craft Distiller of the Year
- OAK – Gold Medal, #9 of Top 40 World’s Best Single Malts
- ‘1’ Texas Single Malt – Silver Medal, #37 of Top 40 World’s Best Single Malts
- Baby Blue – Gold Medal (82.5 points), #2 of Top 28 World’s Best Other Grain Whiskies
- Brimstone – Gold Medal, #5 of Top 28 World’s Best Other Grain Whiskies
- Balcones Single Barrel – Gold Medal, #11 of Top 28 World’s Best Other Grain Whiskies
Balcones Distilling, currently located under a bridge near downtown Waco, has been in business only six years. In that time, it has become one of the most recognized and acclaimed craft whisky distillers in the world with over 135 awards including 2012 and 2014 Craft Whisky Distillery of the Year by Whisky Magazine’s Icons of Whisky, 2012 Global Whisky Distillery of the Year by Wizards of Whisky, and 2013 and 2014 Texas Distillery of the Year by the New York International Spirits Competition.
The distillery plans to move to a new location in downtown Waco, just a few blocks away from their current location. The new larger location will help Balcones to meet the overwhelming demand for its products and allow the dstillers the capacity and flexibility to create new, unique spirits.
To arrange for a tour of the distillery, call Balcones at (254) 755-6003.Website: http://www.balconesdistilling.com