Cooking in Texas
The Texas Collection at Baylor University is home to an amazing assortment of cookbooks that explore Texas cuisine and cooking, and celebrates the timeless community involved with sharing a meal together. The Texas Collection will host a “foodie” panel discussion showcasing passionate Texas food writers, chefs and a cookbook collector.
- Marvin Bendele, Executive Director of Foodways Texas [bio]
- Addie Broyles, Blogger and Food Editor for the Austin American-Statesman. [bio]
- Lisa Fain, Bestselling Cookbook Author and creator of the award-winning Homesick Texan blog [bio]
- Mary Margaret Pack, Private Chef, Food Historian and Writer [bio]
- Beth White, Cookbook Collector Extraordinaire [bio]
When: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 3:30 p.m.
Where: Bennett Auditorium on the Baylor University campus
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception at The Texas Collection. The reception will feature regional cuisine prepared by students from the culinary school at Texas State Technical College.
For more information please contact The Texas Collection at (254) 710-1268.