Baylor University is a 735 acre private Baptist university, and a nationally ranked liberal arts institution. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas, Baylor is the oldest, continually operating university in the state. Though 80 percent of Baylor students come from within Texas, it is home to students from 48 states and 86 countries. Graduates include founders of Fortune 500 Companies, prominent politicians – including five former Texas Governors, athletes, performers and authors. The oldest continuously operating University in the State of Texas, Baylor alumni include the founder of People Magazine, five Texas governors, CEO of Oracle Corporation, best-selling authors, Fortune 500 leaders, Nobel Prize winners, Olympians, professional sports stars, and of course, Chip and Joanna Gaines.
Some of the more notable names include:
- Chip and Joanna Gaines of “Fixer Upper” fame
- William Sessions, Former Director of the FBI
- Trey Wingo – Host of ESPN’s NFL Live
- John Lee Hancock – writer and director of “The Blind Side”
- Olympic Gold Medalists Jeremy Wariner and Michael Johnson
- Hal Wingo- founder of People Magazine
- Former head coach of the San Francisco 49ers – Mike Singletary
- Heisman and Davey O’Brien Trophy Winner and Cleveland Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III
- Three-time All-American NCAA and WNBA Phoenix Mercury star Brittney Griner
- Leon Jaworski, special prosecutor during the Watergate scandal
Other prominent Bears can be found here.
I-35 & University Parks Drive