Military and Law Enforcement Memorials
The following law enforcement and military memorials are located in and near Indian Spring Park, along the Brazos River in Downtown Waco.
- Peace Officers Memorial
- In 2008, the Waco Police Association joined other law enforcement organizations in McLennan County to dedicate a memorial monument to their fallen officers. The monument of grey granite stands in Indian Springs Park between Washington Avenue and the Waco Suspension Bridge.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Plaza
- Dedicated in 2004, this memorial honors all who served in Vietnam, including those missing in action, and memorializes those who lost their lives in the conflict.The Vietnam Veterans Memorial tells the story of the war and its effects on Waco and the nation. Pavilions in the sculpture walk include The Beginning, The Conflict, and the Honor. Under the third pavilion stands a monument listing the names of the fallen who were from McLennan County. Yaupon holly trees were planted for each fallen soldier.
- THE HISTORY AND CONCEPT OF THE WACO VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL
- Gulf War, Iraq War, and Afghanistan War Memorial
- Korean War Memorial
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8564 and Phipps Memorial came together to create the two 2,600-pound granite monuments. One honors locals killed in the Korean War. The other honors locals killed in the Gulf War, the Iraq War and the Afghanistan War. The monuments are the only ones in the county that recognize soldiers killed in those wars
Washington at University Parks Dr