Trust a local to give you the best advice about Waco! We visited Magnolia Table this morning for the first time, and we have a few pointers for you to get the most out of your visit.
- Take the back way to get to Magnolia Table. What’s the back way? At Valley Mills Drive, take the frontage road of I-35 going north, and you’ll see a driveway entrance that serves Rudy’s BBQ and Magnolia Table. This is the way to avoid getting onto the traffic circle, which is very busy. The cars and trucks drive fast around the circle, which makes it hard to get onto the road you want. Avoid it if you can.
- Visit early. We went at 7:30 am and there was plenty of parking, and no line. We were seated immediately. They have wonderful and abundant staff, and the restaurant is gorgeous.
- Bring your camera! Be sure to take photos of Chip and Jo’s hand prints in front of the restaurant, near the Take-Away section.
- Come hungry. Portions are enormous. And try their housemade Tater Tots, they are absolutely delicious!
- Visit the Take-Away section after you eat. It’s chock-full of gift items such as the strawberry butter, Magnolia Table hats and mugs, and other great stuff.
- Hop on the free LaSalle-Circle shuttle after your meal! The shuttle stops near the Waco Animal Shelter on Circle Road, and takes a 30 minute loop that will bring you close to some great shops selling vintage, farmhouse, and re-purposed home items. Click here to view the shuttle route! And yes, it stops by Magnolia Market!