Join us in the Heart of Texas as we celebrate the service of our veterans.
November 11, 2015
- Veterans Day Parade – Parade starts at 11 am. The route begins at the corner of 17th street and Austin and continues to Heritage Square.
- Veterans Day Celebration – Active service members, Veterans and family members are invited to enjoy a day of free barbeque, live music, and socializing from 1:30-4 pm at the Heart of TexasVeteran’s One Stop (2220 Austin Avenue).
- Military Appreciation Day at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum – The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum is hosting Military Appreciation Day on Veteran’s Day. Active duty, retirees and Veterans will receive free admission to the museum with proper ID. Their families will receive discounted admission. 9am-5 pm.
- Veterans Day at the Dr Pepper Museum – All Military personnel will receive free admission with a valid ID. 10am-5 pm.
- Doris Miller Memorial Fundraiser – The Hippodrome will present two showings of “Tora! Tora! Tora!” to honor our veterans and raise funds for the Doris Miller Memorial. The first showing will be at 12:30 pm and the second at 6 pm. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated.
- Click here for a list of chain restaurants offering special deals for veterans.