Can’t decide where to eat? This list of the top 10 places to eat in Waco is a great place to start. This list was especially hard to narrow down. Waco has over 300 restaurants, including many locally owned establishments. Follow the link at the bottom of the page for other great places to eat during your visit to Waco.
- Cafe Homestead – Cafe Homestead offers grass-fed beef; fresh buns, bread and rolls baked daily from whole-grain flour by Artisan Oven; cheeses produced by Homestead Craft Village’s internationally award-winning Brazos Valley Cheese company; and other fine foods, including all-natural, delectable ice cream. Fruit and vegetables are always fresh, and Cafe Homestead strives to provide locally grown produce. 608 Dry Creek Rd, Waco, TX 76705
- Jake’s Texas Tea House – A family restaurant with a unique theme, Jake’s features premium food, beer and entertainment. Jake’s serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The lunch menu offers tasty home style blue plate specials. Dinner is served family style. 613 Austin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- George’s Restaurant – George’s is a longtime local favorite. It has even been featured in a song by Waco native, Pat Green. George’s offers home style cooking at two locations in the Waco area. 1925 Speight Ave, Waco, TX 76706 or 1201 Hewitt Dr #100, Waco, TX 76712
- Vitek’s BBQ – Home of the “Gut Pak”, a deliciously over-the-top combination of meat, beans, corn chips, and more. Not only is the “Gut Pak” one of Chip’s favorites, but it also won the Cooking Channel’s Best College Eats competition in 2013. 1600 Speight Ave, Waco, TX 76706
- Buzzard Billy’s Swamp Shack – Perched on the Brazos River, Buzzard Billy’s offers Cajun and American food in a unique atmosphere. Bring your kids, they will love feeding the fish, turtles, and ducks who hang out by the deck while you relax and enjoy a signature cocktail. 100 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd Interstate 35 N, Waco, TX
- DiamondBack’s – Indulge in an award- winning cuisine, expertly prepared with only the highest quality steaks, seafood and ingredients. Perfect for celebrating a special occasion, or just rewarding yourself with a great Texas steak. River Square Center, between 2nd & 3rd on Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- 1424 Bistro – 1424 is a small, privately-owned restaurant in downtown Waco, offering unique dishes and desserts. This restaurant prides itself in offering fresh seafood enticing entrees. Click here for a coupon for $3 off an appetizer. 1424 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Hecho en Waco – New to the dining scene in Waco, this upscale restaurant offers specializes in fine Mexican cuisine from interior Mexico. Mary Street Market, 300 S 6th St Suite B, Waco, TX 76701
- Lula Jane’s – Lula Jane’s invites everyone to gather and enjoy coffee and the best baked goods available in the surrounding area. Everything is made from scratch, in-house, with the best ingredients. They also have a model vegetable, herb and flower garden. Seating includes inside, porch, and public pocket park. 406 Elm Ave, Waco, TX 76704
- Olive Branch Bakery & Cafe – The Olive Branch serves fresh breakfasts, a diverse lunch menu, homemade desserts, and specially blended coffees. River Square Center, between 2nd & 3rd on Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
The list is based on ratings lists such as TripAdvisor, visitor traffic, local favorites, and staff knowledge.
For more tasty ideas, click here to visit our Dining page.