The Migel House was designed in 1910 by noted architect Milton W. Scott. Other local buildings designed by Scott include the ALICO building, Dr Pepper Museum, Waco Hippodrome and the Roosevelt Hotel. Migel House was originally built by for an investor named Nelson Smith. Several years went by before it was sold to Louis Migel, co-owner of Goldstein-Migel department store, one of the largest department stores in Waco at the time. In the early days there were accounts of lavish garden parties and community gatherings at the home.
The estate features lavishly detailed interiors, a half acre of gardens, a carriage house, and several entertainment areas. In 2014, the home was refurbished from top to bottom, including the basement bowling lane, and opened as a bed & breakfast. Three bedrooms with their own baths are available in the main house. The carriage house apartment is available for rental as well.